USA: Albertson's, Inc., selects GE's Lawrence R. Johnston chairman of the board and CEO
The board of directors of Albertson's, Inc. (NYSE:ABS), one of the nation's largest food and drug retailers, today announced the appointment of Lawrence R. Johnston, 52, a senior executive of General Electric Company, as chairman, chief executive officer and a director. As president and chief executive officer of GE Appliances Division, a nearly $6 billion global business, Johnston reported directly to John F. Welch Jr., GE's chairman and CEO. Johnston also served as a member of GE's Corporate Executive Council.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti