USA: Albertson's, Inc., selects GE's Lawrence R. Johnston chairman of the board and CEO
The board of directors of Albertson's, Inc. (NYSE:ABS), one of the nation's largest food and drug retailers, today announced the appointment of Lawrence R. Johnston, 52, a senior executive of General Electric Company, as chairman, chief executive officer and a director. As president and chief executive officer of GE Appliances Division, a nearly $6 billion global business, Johnston reported directly to John F. Welch Jr., GE's chairman and CEO. Johnston also served as a member of GE's Corporate Executive Council.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning