USA: Albertson's launches "Buy one, give one" offer to feed hungry children in holidays
Major US grocer Albertson's is launching a "Summer Lunch: Buy One, Give One" promotion in northern California this week to help shoppers donate food to hungry children in their community. In support of the Summer Lunch educational campaign being run by the domestic hunger relief organisation America's Second Harvest, Albertson's shoppers purchasing lunch food for their own children will be able to pack a extra bag of food at no extra cost. Food bank barrels will be in Albertson's store entrances for customer donations until 2 July.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund