USA: Albertson's launches "Buy one, give one" offer to feed hungry children in holidays
Major US grocer Albertson's is launching a "Summer Lunch: Buy One, Give One" promotion in northern California this week to help shoppers donate food to hungry children in their community. In support of the Summer Lunch educational campaign being run by the domestic hunger relief organisation America's Second Harvest, Albertson's shoppers purchasing lunch food for their own children will be able to pack a extra bag of food at no extra cost. Food bank barrels will be in Albertson's store entrances for customer donations until 2 July.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw