USA: Albertson's launches "Buy one, give one" offer to feed hungry children in holidays
Major US grocer Albertson's is launching a "Summer Lunch: Buy One, Give One" promotion in northern California this week to help shoppers donate food to hungry children in their community. In support of the Summer Lunch educational campaign being run by the domestic hunger relief organisation America's Second Harvest, Albertson's shoppers purchasing lunch food for their own children will be able to pack a extra bag of food at no extra cost. Food bank barrels will be in Albertson's store entrances for customer donations until 2 July.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target