USA: Albertsons Names Jim Gentile president of the Northern California Division
US retailing giant Albertsons has named Jim Gentile president of its Northern California operating division. Gentile was most recently senior VP, marketing and merchandising, at the Midwest Division of Albertsons. He originally joined the company as a produce clerk at Jewel in 1967, before holding positions of increasing responsibility in store management and becoming merchandiser in 1984. He was named director of marketing at the Midwest Division in 1988 and then VP, Chef's Kitchen and Bakery Merchandising in 1991.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units