USA: Albertsons names new chief marketing officer
US supermarket chain Albertsons has announced today that Paul Gannon has been named chief marketing officer effective immediately.
Gannon most recently served as president and CEO of the company's Shaw's division, based in East Bridgewater, Massachusetts. Shaw's was acquired by Albertsons in April 2004 from UK supermarket group J Sainsbury.
Gannon joined Shaw's in 1990 and has since served in several senior leadership roles including vice president of information technology, senior vice president of finance, executive vice president of marketing, and chief operating officer, president and CEO.
In his new role, Gannon will be responsible for all Albertsons' marketing functions across all banners in both food and drug, including consumer research, eBusiness, price/promotion/assortment strategy, brand management, advertising, and format development.
Buying power is often used by supermarkets to negotiate with their suppliers to get lower prices. These savings can then be passed onto the consumer in terms of price cuts and promotions. But do consu...
UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's is to sell kiwifruit grown in the UK next year, in what will be the first time a UK-grown version of the fruit has gone on sale here....
UK grocery retailer Wm Morrison Supermarkets has announced that it has agreed to sell nine Safeway stores to rival Sainsbury's....
UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's has announced that Roger Burnley will join Sainsbury's operating board as supply chain director, to replace Lawrence Christensen....
Supermarket chain Sainsbury has promised to spend more in Northern Ireland, according to the Belfast Telegraph newspaper....
Supermarket Sainsbury has reported a rise in total sales of 5.7% (5.3% excluding petrol) for the 12 weeks to 18 June 2005....
UK supermarket J Sainsbury plc today (Thursday) announced that Gwyn Burr has been appointed customer director on the company's operating board....
UK supermarket J Sainsbury plc has announced a sharp fall in profit for the year ended 26 March 2005, but said its recovery plan was on track....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review