USA: Albertson's reports Q3 sales and earnings in line with revised forecast
US grocer Albertson's has reported sales and net earnings for third quarter 2002 in line with the revised guidance it issued on 30 October. Net earnings were US$192m or $0.48 per share versus $176m or $0.43 per share for the same quarter last year. Sales on a continuing basis reached $8.7bn, versus $9bn in the third quarter of 2001. Comparable store sales for the quarter decreased 1.5%, and identical store sales declined 2.0%. Deflation during the quarter was 0.7%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO