USA: Albertson's Second Quarter Earnings Exceed Targets Driven by Strong Sales Momentum
Signaling a continued acceleration of its business turnaround, Albertson's, Inc. (NYSE:ABS) one of the world's largest food and drug retailers, today reported second quarter earnings that exceeded both company guidance and First Call consensus estimates. Sales in the quarter totaled almost $9.6 billion. Before restructuring and other charges diluted EPS were $0.45 and net earnings for the period totaled $184 million. Company guidance for EPS was at least $0.43 and First Call consensus was $0.44.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action