USA: Albertson's Second Quarter Earnings Exceed Targets Driven by Strong Sales Momentum
Signaling a continued acceleration of its business turnaround, Albertson's, Inc. (NYSE:ABS) one of the world's largest food and drug retailers, today reported second quarter earnings that exceeded both company guidance and First Call consensus estimates. Sales in the quarter totaled almost $9.6 billion. Before restructuring and other charges diluted EPS were $0.45 and net earnings for the period totaled $184 million. Company guidance for EPS was at least $0.43 and First Call consensus was $0.44.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund