USA: Albertson's Second Quarter Earnings Exceed Targets Driven by Strong Sales Momentum
Signaling a continued acceleration of its business turnaround, Albertson's, Inc. (NYSE:ABS) one of the world's largest food and drug retailers, today reported second quarter earnings that exceeded both company guidance and First Call consensus estimates. Sales in the quarter totaled almost $9.6 billion. Before restructuring and other charges diluted EPS were $0.45 and net earnings for the period totaled $184 million. Company guidance for EPS was at least $0.43 and First Call consensus was $0.44.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO