US: Albertsons slashes prices in California
Supervalu banner Albertsons is to cut prices by up to 20% on thousands of products on sale in its stores in southern California.
Albertsons said consumers had become "increasingly budget conscious" due to concern over the economy. The retailer said it had decided to lower prices in " dozens of categories across the store where pricing is most important to customers", including peanut butter and pasta.
"Consumers today are facing mounting pressure from economic uncertainty and the desire to provide their families with good quality food," said Albertsons senior vice president of sales and merchandising Sam Mayberry. "Our Big Relief Price Cut is another example of how we are delivering greater value, and helping address our customers' challenges and meet their needs."
Albertsons operates 502 namesake and Lucky supermarkets in Idaho, Montana, southern California, southern Nevada, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Companies: Albertsons LLC
From the enthusiastic boss of US retailer Supervalu Inc Craig Herkert to the ambitious Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke, we have heard from a number of bosses this week on their growth prospects and fight to be...
The question marks hanging over attempts by US retailers to run smaller, urban stores successfully have grown after Supervalu Inc decided to shut down an outlet in Chicago....
US supermarket group Supervalu said it plans to double the size of its underperforming discount chain Save-a-Lot over the next five years....
US supermarket group Supervalu Inc cut its full-year earnings on Tuesday (20 October) as it struggled to gain traction with shoppers....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016