USA: Albertsons strengthens presence in Texas, Utah
US grocer Albertsons has announced that it has strengthened its presence in Utah and Texas with the acquisition of two Food4Less stores in Salt Lake City and two Rainbow stores in El Paso from US grocery distributor Fleming. The company said the Salt Lake City transaction was completed on Friday, 21 March 2003, and the stores are operating under the Food4Less banner. The Rainbow stores in El Paso will be converted to Albertsons banners on Wednesday, 26 March.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund