USA: Albertsons strengthens presence in Texas, Utah
US grocer Albertsons has announced that it has strengthened its presence in Utah and Texas with the acquisition of two Food4Less stores in Salt Lake City and two Rainbow stores in El Paso from US grocery distributor Fleming. The company said the Salt Lake City transaction was completed on Friday, 21 March 2003, and the stores are operating under the Food4Less banner. The Rainbow stores in El Paso will be converted to Albertsons banners on Wednesday, 26 March.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix