USA: Albertson's to announce restructure, closures and job losses
The second largest supermarket and drugstore chain in the US, Albertson's Inc. , is expected to announce toady that 165 underperforming stores will be shut down or sold and 15-20% of corporate and administrative staff will lose their jobs. The restructuring initiative has come just two months after the appointment of Lawrence R. Johnston as CEO and chairman, and will affect outlets across 25 states.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch