USA: Albertsons ups total year 2002 guidance
Boise, Idaho-based grocer Albertsons has raised its 2002 fiscal year EPS guidance from US$2.28 to US$2.31 per diluted share adjusted for goodwill. Albertsons reported that Q1 earnings met the high range of revised EPS guidance issued two weeks ago and also exceeded first call consensus. They totalled US$233m, a 19% increase over prior year, on sales of US$8.9bn. In the Q1 2001, earnings were US$198m on sales of US$9bn. Comparable store sales for the quarter on a continuing operations basis increased 1.4% while identical store sales on the same basis increased 0.8%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units