USA: Albertsons.com takes grocery solutions down new avenues
The word is spreading, and so is the service area: Albertsons.com has extended its delivery service out across five new zip codes, reminding customers again that creative grocery solutions aren't limited to just their neighborhood stores. New zip codes in Sammamish, Issaquah, Puyallup, Everett and Ravensdale have been added to the list of areas serviced, which now totals 95. Albertsons.com offers consumers the same wide variety of perishable and non-perishable grocery items at low prices offered at any of the 57 Seattle-area brick-and-mortar stores, complemented by an assortment of special prices and lifestyle tips, like Healthy Eating advice from registered dieticians and Quick Fixin' Ideas, that are not available off-line. By expanding the delivery area, the online grocer aims to satisfy the growing number of people living outside the urban center. "We understand that people are getting busier and we are making the extra effort to be at their doorstep," said Jenny Enochson, corporate manager of community relations for Albertsons.com. "Our delivery drivers are going the distance to meet customers where they are and area coverage is expanding accordingly." Albertson's opened its first grocery store in 1939. Founder Joe Albertson changed the rules in the grocery business by introducing then unheard of services like a scratch bakery, magazine racks and homemade ice cream. The operation of his first store was based on the principles of providing high quality, good value and excellent service to every customer. Sixty years later, those same principles continue to guide the operation of every Albertson store. Albertson's Inc. is one of the largest retail food and drug chains in the United States. Based in Boise, Idaho, the Company currently operates almost 2,500 retail stores in 36 states across the United States. Editor's Note: See list of Albertsons.com delivery zip codes below.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report