POLAND: Alcan completes food packaging plant acquisition
Aluminium and packaging company Alcan has completed the acquisition Parkside's flexible food packaging plant in Zlotow, Poland from the UK administrators of Parkside, following approval from Polish and German anti-trust authorities.
The new company will be named Alcan Packaging Zlotow and will become part of Alcan Packaging's European Food sector.
"The successful completion of this acquisition is a further step in Alcan Packaging's strategy of developing its geographic footprint in growing and competitive economies, and be able to better serve our customers' needs in the region," said Christel Bories, president and CEO of Alcan Packaging. "The acquisition enables Alcan Packaging to benefit from a very competitive industrial base and will significantly increase its capability in the attractive Central and Eastern European markets," she added.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations