UK: Aldi develops London store
Aldi enters London battle ground
Aldi is evolving its store format in the UK with the opening of a new store in London today (5 April).
Compared to Aldi's core portfolio, the new store in Kilburn has extended opening hours - 7am to 10pm Monday to Saturday - and a focus on fresh foods, including an in-store bakery. Its town centre location also marks it out from most of Aldi's supermarkets.
"The opening of the Aldi Kilburn store is just one of over 50 which are planned across the UK this year. We were particularly pleased with the great turnout this morning, and the positive response from the local community to the store's opening," a spokesperson for Aldi told just-food.
According to reports, the opening comes as the discount retailer looks to develop its presence in London. A number of other retailers, including Sainsbury's and Morrisons, have said they plan to expand in and around the capital by opening new convenience stores.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review