AUSTRALIA: Aldi rolls out traceable tuna
Aldi developing sustainable tuna suppply
Aldi has implemented tracking across its range of canned tuna in Australia, enabling consumers to trace product back to its sauce and ensuring that the tuna was caught in a sustainable way.
The Food and Agriculture Organisation catchment area will be printed on the lid of each can and consumers will be able to access information on the fishing boat of port of entry through Adli Australia's website.
"Aldi's strict supply guidelines, combined with innovative labelling, ensure that all our canned tuna is now fully traceable to the area it was caught, giving consumers more choice and confidence in their purchasing decisions," the company said.
Aldi added that it is committed to switching its supply of tuna to more sustainable sources over the next two years.
"By 2016, our entire canned tuna range will be sourced using a combination of the available sustainable options including Pole & Line caught and FAD Free (Fish Aggregating Devices) methods. Our range will include Yellowfin Tuna sourced from areas where the Biomass exceeds the Maximum Sustainable Yield."
An unprecedented growth story is unfolding, as austerity bites across the west and food price inflation will filter through into higher retail prices next year. One retailer that stands to benefit hug...
Synopsis Canadean's "Aldi Einkauf GmbH & Co. oHG: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company...
Since its relatively recent arrival in Spain market, Aldi has maintained its focus on a strong expansion strategy. The only year in which the company slowed down its programme of new outlet openings w...
In this report, and thereby deviating from all other company profiles, NBOs Aldi Nord and Aldi Süd are discussed together under the GBO Aldi Group. The reason for this is the fact that from a consumer...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Colombia - ISA Country Report
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide