AUSTRALIA: Aldi rolls out traceable tuna
Aldi developing sustainable tuna suppply
Aldi has implemented tracking across its range of canned tuna in Australia, enabling consumers to trace product back to its sauce and ensuring that the tuna was caught in a sustainable way.
The Food and Agriculture Organisation catchment area will be printed on the lid of each can and consumers will be able to access information on the fishing boat of port of entry through Adli Australia's website.
"Aldi's strict supply guidelines, combined with innovative labelling, ensure that all our canned tuna is now fully traceable to the area it was caught, giving consumers more choice and confidence in their purchasing decisions," the company said.
Aldi added that it is committed to switching its supply of tuna to more sustainable sources over the next two years.
"By 2016, our entire canned tuna range will be sourced using a combination of the available sustainable options including Pole & Line caught and FAD Free (Fish Aggregating Devices) methods. Our range will include Yellowfin Tuna sourced from areas where the Biomass exceeds the Maximum Sustainable Yield."
Synopsis Canadean's "Aldi Einkauf GmbH & Co. oHG: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company...
Since its relatively recent arrival in Spain market, Aldi has maintained its focus on a strong expansion strategy. The only year in which the company slowed down its programme of new outlet openings w...
Aldi Ireland Ltd operates under a high-volume, low-cost retailing strategy, which is expected to continue paying dividends for the company in a country populated by highly cost-conscious, value-driven...
As the low-price leader in grocery retailing, discount grocery retailer Aldi takes a “less is more” approach. The company keeps costs down by carrying a limited assortment of grocery items, building s...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits