UK: Aldi trials gluten-free line
The 'Has No' range is being trialled at a number of stores
Discount retailer Aldi has launched a trial of a gluten-free own-label line across selected stores in the UK.
The 'Has No' range, currently available in Aldi stores in the US and Australia, are being trialled at an unspecified number of stores in the UK. The range includes ambient soups in flavours such as tomato & red pepper, mushroom, and chicken & sage.
UK free-from campaign group What Allergy? told just-food it approved of the new range.
"Products that are free-from dairy and these [soups] are a godsend," it said. "Hope this isn't one of their, 'it's here this week and gone forever' products."
A spokesperson for Aldi declined to comment on the trial or which stores the products were available in.
The world of international food retail has undoubtedly got a little less international in recent years and 2014 looks likely to see the big guns continue to take an empire-building breather and sort o...
An unprecedented growth story is unfolding, as austerity bites across the west and food price inflation will filter through into higher retail prices next year. One retailer that stands to benefit hug...
Since its relatively recent arrival in Spain market, Aldi has maintained its focus on a strong expansion strategy. The only year in which the company slowed down its programme of new outlet openings w...
Although Aldi Magyarország widened its network dynamically in the early years, this expansion has slowed down, to 10-15 new stores per year, and it is expected to reach 110 outlets by 2014. However, i...
As the low-price leader in grocery retailing, discount grocery retailer Aldi takes a “less is more” approach. The company keeps costs down by carrying a limited assortment of grocery items, building s...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning