UK: Aldi trials gluten-free line
The 'Has No' range is being trialled at a number of stores
Discount retailer Aldi has launched a trial of a gluten-free own-label line across selected stores in the UK.
The 'Has No' range, currently available in Aldi stores in the US and Australia, are being trialled at an unspecified number of stores in the UK. The range includes ambient soups in flavours such as tomato & red pepper, mushroom, and chicken & sage.
UK free-from campaign group What Allergy? told just-food it approved of the new range.
"Products that are free-from dairy and these [soups] are a godsend," it said. "Hope this isn't one of their, 'it's here this week and gone forever' products."
A spokesperson for Aldi declined to comment on the trial or which stores the products were available in.
The world of international food retail has undoubtedly got a little less international in recent years and 2014 looks likely to see the big guns continue to take an empire-building breather and sort o...
Since its relatively recent arrival in Spain market, Aldi has maintained its focus on a strong expansion strategy. The only year in which the company slowed down its programme of new outlet openings w...
Although Aldi Magyarország widened its network dynamically in the early years, this expansion has slowed down, to 10-15 new stores per year, and it is expected to reach 110 outlets by 2014. However, i...
As the low-price leader in grocery retailing, discount grocery retailer Aldi takes a “less is more” approach. The company keeps costs down by carrying a limited assortment of grocery items, building s...
Aldi will focus on further strengthening its competitive pricing strategy, keeping prices low without compromising on the quality of its products. Aldi’s product strategy is to provide a limited assor...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- PepsiCo rolls out "sweet" Cheetos
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report