SRI LANKA: "All aboard" for KFC fried-chicken fare
Sri Lankan fastfood devotees will be asked to climb aboard a converted double-decker bus to sample bargain buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
The country's KFC franchise holder Cargills Food Services (Pvt) Ltd. has invested LKR4m (US$41,638) on an old Ceylon Transport Board bus to offer a mobile fried chicken service and the brand's American owners have agreed to forego their usual 6% royalty cut to give the experiment a boost.
The rolling fried chicken service will be available for hire for company meetings, family parties or any other function. Sri Lankans were first able to taste Colonel Sanders' secret herbs and spices in 1995 when a restaurant was opened in the capital Columbo.
By Swineetha Dias Wickramanayaka, just-food.com correspondent in Columbo
As McDonald's and Wendy's introduce healthier options amid rising obesity levels and a general interest in healthier foods, some fastfood companies have been going in the opposite direction, introduci...
Last month a customer at an outlet of US fastfood chain Wendy's claimed to have found a severed finger in her food. The news spread like wildfire, fuelled by intense media interest, and Wendy's sales ...
It's easier talking to your customers if you speak their language. With millions of speakers of minority languages around the world, food processors and retailers need to be able to communicate with t...
US fastfood chain KFC, part of Yum! Brands, has said its new 99-cent Snacker Sandwich is fast on the way to becoming the most successful sandwich launch in its history....
Fastfood chain KFC, which celebrates its 20th anniversary in Hong Kong today (Monday), has announced a plan to double the size of its operations in the city over four years, the Xinhua news agency rep...
Restaurant company Yum! Brands has announced that all company owned KFC and Pizza Hut restaurants are to have a now smoking policy....
The head of fast-food chain KFC Holdings (Malaysia) Bhd said on Tuesday he would not quit after being suspended when an independent auditor's report revealed shortcomings at the firm, the Reuters news...
Fastfood company KFC Holdings (Malaysia) has suspended its managing director Datuk Johari Abdul Ghani, it said in an announcement to the financial markets....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016