USA: Allergy alert issued on undeclared whey in Fleischmann's unsalted stick margarine
Affected product was distributed through retail stores in the following states:
- Maryland Mississippi Vermont
- Virginia Pennsylvania Maine
- Alabama Massachusetts New Hampshire
- Ohio Kentucky New Jersey
- Connecticut Tennessee Rhode Island
- New York Georgia West Virginia
This Fleischmann's Unsalted Stick Margarine can be identified with the "best if used by" date on the carton of JAN 31 02 O N. Two allergic reactions have been reported. Other than to dairy sensitive consumers or to consumers on a sodium free diet, the product being recalled is safe for consumption.
The product may actually be Fleischmann's Original Stick Margarine that contains whey, a dairy protein. The product can be easily identified by the inner wrap on the individual sticks that reads, "Fleischmann's Original Margarine," instead of Unsalted.
This product is being recalled in cooperation with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). ConAgra Dairy Foods is concerned about the health of its consumers; therefore, we encourage those individuals who are allergic to dairy products to return the above-coded unsalted stick margarine to the store where purchased for a full refund. For further information, call toll-free at 1-800-257-5594 during normal business hours.
Companies: ConAgra Foods
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has begun to loosen its labelling restrictions, allowing manufacturers of certain products to make qualified health claims on the labels. This has led to some...
Packaged food company ConAgra Foods has announced that Gary M. Rodkin will be the company's new president and chief executive officer and a member of its board of directors beginning 1 October....
The US Department of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) and the US Department of Health and Human Services' Food and Drug Administration have completed their investigatio...
Packaged food company ConAgra Foods Inc has announced that Lou Nieto has joined as its president, Packaged Meats and Deli....
The US Food and Drug Administration has published advice to people affected by hurricane Katrina on how to keep food safe....
US packaged food company ConAgra Foods has said it has received notice of an unsolicited "mini-tender" offer, made by TRC Capital Corporation of Ontario, Canada, to purchase up to 3.5 million of ConAg...
Packaged food company ConAgra Foods has reported a fall in profit in the fourth quarter and year ended 29 May 2005, blaming weak results from its packaged meats operations....
US packaged foods company ConAgra Foods has said earnings for its fiscal 2005 fourth quarter, which ended 29 May, will be lower than expected due to continued weak profitability in its packaged meats ...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report