USA: Allergy Alert - Pickled Lotus Rootlets
Vasinee Food Corporation, 333 N. Henry Street, Brooklyn, NY 11222 is recalling 25 cartons of HC Food Co. Lt. LOTUS ROOTLETS IN BRINE packed in 24x16 oz. glass jars with no identifying code because product may contain undeclared sulfites.People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.Product believed to be distributed throughout New York State. N.Y.S. Ag. and Markets inspectors are investigating to find exact distribution.The recall was initiated after it was discovered that product containing sulfites was distributed in glass jars that did not reveal the presence of sulfites. The consumption of 10 milligrams of sulfites per serving has been reported to elicit severe reactions in some asthmatics. Anaphylactic shock can occur in certain sulfite-sensitive individuals upon ingesting 10 milligrams or more of sulfites. Analysis of the Pickled Lotus Rootlets self revealed that it contained 86.4 milligrams per serving.Consumers who have 16 oz. Glass jars of HC Food Co. Lotus Rootlets Bottle should return the product to place of purchase for full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Mr. Nipon Vatthana at (718) 349-6911.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target