CANADA: Allergy Alert - presence of undeclared milk protein in Sour Patch Kids brand & Fuzzy Peach brand non-dairy frozen ice novelties
OTTAWA - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers allergic to milk protein not to consume Sour Patch Kids brand or Fuzzy Peach brand non dairy frozen ice novelties as these products contain milk protein that is not declared on the label. This
alert is only of concern to those individuals who have allergies to milk protein.
The products involved in this alert are:
Brand - Size - UPC
Sour Patch Kids - Lemon Flavour - 90 mL - 0 58046 12015 2
Sour Patch Kids - Orange Flavour - 90 mL - 0 58046 12025 1
Sour Patch Kids - Lime Flavour - 90 mL - 0 58046 12020 6
Sour Patch Kids - Raspberry Flavour - 90 mL - 0 58046 12010 7
Fuzzy Peach - 100 mL - 0 58046 12005 3
These products have been distributed nationally and are being voluntarily recalled by Delicious Alternative Desserts Ltd., Stoney Creek, Ontario.
The consumption of these products may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to milk protein. There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information, consumers and industry may call Mr.Rob Harrison, Delicious Alternative Desserts at 1-800-263-4846; Ms. Luisa Girotto, Delicious Alternative Desserts at (416) 530-4055 ext. 3479; or the CFIA at one of the following numbers:
In the province of Quebec 1-800-561-3350; or
In other provinces and territories 1-800-442-2342.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations