CANADA: Allergy Alert - recall of fresh pork processed by Mitchell's Gourmet Foods Inc. that may contain penicillin
OTTAWA - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers allergic to penicillin not to consume fresh pork processed by Mitchell's Gourmet Foods Inc., Saskatoon, Saskatchewan as it may contain penicillin. It is believed that the penicillin was introduced to the hogs at the farm level. The affected products have been available for sale since December 5, 2001. This warning is of concern only to individuals allergic to penicillin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations