CANADA: Allergy Alert - recall of fresh pork processed by Mitchell's Gourmet Foods Inc. that may contain penicillin
OTTAWA - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers allergic to penicillin not to consume fresh pork processed by Mitchell's Gourmet Foods Inc., Saskatoon, Saskatchewan as it may contain penicillin. It is believed that the penicillin was introduced to the hogs at the farm level. The affected products have been available for sale since December 5, 2001. This warning is of concern only to individuals allergic to penicillin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action