JAPAN: Alliance between Snow Brand, Itochu Corp and Yayoi Food hopes to gain competitive edge
Japan's leading but ailing milk products manufacturer Snow Brand Milk Co has announced an alliance with Itochu Corp and its affiliate, Yayoi Foods to promote one another's frozen food sectors. The country's frozen food market according to Snow Brand, worth around ¥8.5bn, is growing rapidly but is also highly competitive. It said it hoped the agreement between the three food processors would give the group a competitive edge over its rivals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- General Mills issues profit warning