USA: Alliant Foodservice names John Glynn as its Pittsburgh district president
John P. Glynn, vice president of sales and general manager of the Rochester, New York, market of Alliant Foodservice, Inc., was promoted to president of the Pittsburgh District, effective immediately. Glynn becomes responsible for all Alliant operations in an area that includes western Pennsylvania and New York and portions of Ohio and West Virginia."John is a proven leader who has compiled a strong record of success in each of the three Alliant markets where he has been assigned," said Greg Nickele, president of the company's Northeast Division. "He will play an important role in our drive for profitable growth in these markets."Glynn became general manager at Rochester in July 1999 after serving there as vice president of sales since 1993. He also served for a time as vice president of sales in Pittsburgh, and in other sales positions in Rochester and Boston in an Alliant career that began in 1989. Before Alliant, Glynn was general manager of a beverage mix company, and held restaurant management positions with Thackery's Management Group. He holds a B.S. degree in political science from Stonehill College.Alliant Exchange is one of the nation's largest business-to-business e-commerce and information exchange companies, with total sales of more than $6 billion. The company, one of the largest privately held enterprises in the United States, has four operating segments -- Alliant Foodservice, Inc., a leading broadline foodservice distributor; The Drescher Corporation, a foodservice distribution company; AlliantLink.com, Inc., an Internet-based service that provides 24/7 access to a catalog of 165,000 foodservice stock-keeping units and value-added services; and NextGen Markets, Inc., a developer and operator of private branded B2B portals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report