SAUDI: Almarai takes over Mead Johnson infant JV
Almarai in $4m acquisition
Almarai and Mead Johnson set up International Pediatric Nutrition Company in 2010 to sell infant formula products.
Under the terms of their agreement, the parties said they would review the venture three years later, which has led to a restructuring of their partnership.
Almarai has paid US$4m to buy out Mead Johnson and become the sole shareholder of the venture. The two sides have struck deals on the continued use of trademarks and technical support. IPNC markets formula under Mead Johnson's Enfagrow and Enfamil brands.
Almarai operates in the dairy, bakery and poultry sector and suppliers over 48,000 customers in the GCC daily, according to the company's website.
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and s...
Canadean's "Almarai Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
Mead Johnson remains the leader in milk formula in China. However, this market is undergoing changes which may intensify competition going forward. Meanwhile, public perception of infant milk formula ...
Almarai is among the leading players in packaged food in the UAE and ranks first in dairy products. Having established a new subsidiary in the UAE in 2012, the company is expected to have an even stro...
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Bitesize interview: Cricketer Farm MD Greg Parsons
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- Australia consumer watchdog probes raw milk sales
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods