USA: Dieting starts early: Almost 1 in 20 of America's 12-year-olds are on a diet
According to Mintel Consumer Intelligence report The US Diet Aids Report, teenagers are a significant market segment for the diet aids market, with some 14% of teen dieters use meal replacements, and 6% use diet pills. The findings of Mintel's report show that overall, fewer than one in 10 U.S. teenagers are on a diet to lose weight. But teenage girls are more than four times as likely as teenage boys to be dieting. Dieting is most common among teenagers aged 16 and 17, but almost 5% of America's 12-year-olds say that they are on a diet.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020