ISRAEL: Alon Oil and Dor Energy to build mega-supermarkets, will open on Sabbath
Alon Israel Oil Company and its subsidiary Dor Energy plan to build four mega-supermarkets using its super Alonit Convenience store franchises. A report in the Jerusalem Post notes that Alon plans to compete against Israel's largest chains - Super-Sol, Coop, and Club Market, by opening new Super Alonit branches of 4,000 sq m each, incorporating Segafredo Cafes and Pizza Hut stores. Alon Israel Oil CEO David Wiessman said part of the strategy to compete with the big chains is to keep the new stores open during Sabbath, when all other food chain stores are closed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action