ISRAEL: Alon Oil and Dor Energy to build mega-supermarkets, will open on Sabbath
Alon Israel Oil Company and its subsidiary Dor Energy plan to build four mega-supermarkets using its super Alonit Convenience store franchises. A report in the Jerusalem Post notes that Alon plans to compete against Israel's largest chains - Super-Sol, Coop, and Club Market, by opening new Super Alonit branches of 4,000 sq m each, incorporating Segafredo Cafes and Pizza Hut stores. Alon Israel Oil CEO David Wiessman said part of the strategy to compete with the big chains is to keep the new stores open during Sabbath, when all other food chain stores are closed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti