COLOMBIA: Alpina acquires former Friesland business
Colombian dairy group Alpina has finalised its acquisition of the former local assets of Netherlands-based dairy giant Friesland Foods.
The company has received the green light from Colombian anti-trust regulator, the SIC.
No financial details for the deal were given but Alpina is believed to have bought the former Friesland Colombia assets at a public auction.
The Friesland Colombia business went into liquidation almost two years ago, a spokesman for the Dutch firm told just-food today (5 November).
Friesland decided to quit Colombia amid fierce local competition in the dairy sector.
Friesland Foods has opened its revamped plant for the production of demineralised whey products....
The Netherlands' two largest dairy groups, Friesland Foods and Campina, have announced plans to merge operations in a move designed to increase global competitiveness....
Campina, the Dutch dairy group, said today (20 March) that a sharp rise in revenue from its ingredients business drove higher group sales last year....
Friesland Foods, the Dutch dairy group, saw profits jump 16% last year as revenues from its dairy ingredients business rose on the back of higher commodity prices....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes