USA: AMCON closes sale of Health Food Distribution Business
AMCON Distributing Company (AMEX:DIT) announced yesterday that it has closed the sale of the distribution business and related assets of Food For Health Company, Inc. ("FFH"), its wholly-owned subsidiary, to Tree of Life, Inc. in a cash transaction. FFH, which represented AMCON's health and natural foods wholesale distribution business, will change its name to The Healthy Edge, Inc. and will continue to operate AMCON's 14 retail health food stores (Chamberlin's Market and Cafe and Akin's Natural Foods Market). Tree of Life is a leading national distributor of natural and specialty foods and is headquartered in St. Augustine, FL.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods