USA: AMCON closes sale of Health Food Distribution Business
AMCON Distributing Company (AMEX:DIT) announced yesterday that it has closed the sale of the distribution business and related assets of Food For Health Company, Inc. ("FFH"), its wholly-owned subsidiary, to Tree of Life, Inc. in a cash transaction. FFH, which represented AMCON's health and natural foods wholesale distribution business, will change its name to The Healthy Edge, Inc. and will continue to operate AMCON's 14 retail health food stores (Chamberlin's Market and Cafe and Akin's Natural Foods Market). Tree of Life is a leading national distributor of natural and specialty foods and is headquartered in St. Augustine, FL.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO