USA: American classics nostalgic as well as nutritious
It doesn't take much -- a smell, a taste or even a certain dish -- and you're immediately transported to another time or place.Take Chicken Noodle Soup for example. This all-American classic brings back more memories of childhood than other foods according to a recent survey commissioned by the Canned Food Alliance (CFA).More than 1,000 adults questioned were asked to choose one dish out of seven that reminded them of their childhood. The familiar soup won by a landslide, receiving 43 percent of the votes -- more than double the votes for runner-up Beef Stew.For 15 percent of the respondents, Baked Beans took them down memory lane. The other nostalgic dishes included in the survey were Chicken a la King, Chicken Salad, Tuna Noodle Casserole and Fruit Crisp.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review