USA: American classics nostalgic as well as nutritious
It doesn't take much -- a smell, a taste or even a certain dish -- and you're immediately transported to another time or place.Take Chicken Noodle Soup for example. This all-American classic brings back more memories of childhood than other foods according to a recent survey commissioned by the Canned Food Alliance (CFA).More than 1,000 adults questioned were asked to choose one dish out of seven that reminded them of their childhood. The familiar soup won by a landslide, receiving 43 percent of the votes -- more than double the votes for runner-up Beef Stew.For 15 percent of the respondents, Baked Beans took them down memory lane. The other nostalgic dishes included in the survey were Chicken a la King, Chicken Salad, Tuna Noodle Casserole and Fruit Crisp.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China