USA: American Foods faces lawsuit but denies responsibility for E-coli outbreak
Meatpacker American Foods Group is facing a criminal lawsuit after at least 43 people were struck down by an E-coli outbreak in Wisconsin and Minnesota. According to company spokeswoman Susan Finco, executives at American Foods have yet to see a copy of the lawsuit filed by Rose Deede for unspecified damages, the first to face the company in Wisconsin. They voluntarily recalled more than 1m pounds of ground beef across 23 states, however, when it became apparent there was a problem.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast