USA: American Italian acquires 3 brands for US$9.5m; ADM sells
American Italian Pasta has made an agreement to acquire two pasta brands from Archer Daniels Midlands and one from Pastificio Lensi for a purchase price of US$9.5m. The two brands acquired from Archer Daniels Midlands are Martha Gooch, which is already produced by American Italian, and LaRosa. American Italian has also acquired the Lensi brand from Italy's Pastificio Lensi, a small family-run pasta manufacturer, which it is hoped will give American Italian greater access to the markets of Europe and the Middle East. Marzio Lensi has joined the board of American Italian's unit in Italy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review