USA: American Italian acquires 3 brands for US$9.5m; ADM sells
American Italian Pasta has made an agreement to acquire two pasta brands from Archer Daniels Midlands and one from Pastificio Lensi for a purchase price of US$9.5m. The two brands acquired from Archer Daniels Midlands are Martha Gooch, which is already produced by American Italian, and LaRosa. American Italian has also acquired the Lensi brand from Italy's Pastificio Lensi, a small family-run pasta manufacturer, which it is hoped will give American Italian greater access to the markets of Europe and the Middle East. Marzio Lensi has joined the board of American Italian's unit in Italy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses