USA: American Italian acquires 3 brands for US$9.5m; ADM sells
American Italian Pasta has made an agreement to acquire two pasta brands from Archer Daniels Midlands and one from Pastificio Lensi for a purchase price of US$9.5m. The two brands acquired from Archer Daniels Midlands are Martha Gooch, which is already produced by American Italian, and LaRosa. American Italian has also acquired the Lensi brand from Italy's Pastificio Lensi, a small family-run pasta manufacturer, which it is hoped will give American Italian greater access to the markets of Europe and the Middle East. Marzio Lensi has joined the board of American Italian's unit in Italy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre