USA: American Italian acquires 3 brands for US$9.5m; ADM sells
American Italian Pasta has made an agreement to acquire two pasta brands from Archer Daniels Midlands and one from Pastificio Lensi for a purchase price of US$9.5m. The two brands acquired from Archer Daniels Midlands are Martha Gooch, which is already produced by American Italian, and LaRosa. American Italian has also acquired the Lensi brand from Italy's Pastificio Lensi, a small family-run pasta manufacturer, which it is hoped will give American Italian greater access to the markets of Europe and the Middle East. Marzio Lensi has joined the board of American Italian's unit in Italy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action