USA: American Italian Pasta Co - an offer not to refuse - COMMENT
American Italian Pasta Company will acquire seven leading pasta brands from Borden Foods. AIPC will be buying the pasta brands for approximately $67.5 million. More surprising than AIPC's wish to acquire the brands is Borden's wish to sell them. However, the company has expressed a wish to consolidate its operations and realize some gains from the substantial investment in its brands. This sale may well be the first of many.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch