USA: American Italian Pasta Co - an offer not to refuse - COMMENT
American Italian Pasta Company will acquire seven leading pasta brands from Borden Foods. AIPC will be buying the pasta brands for approximately $67.5 million. More surprising than AIPC's wish to acquire the brands is Borden's wish to sell them. However, the company has expressed a wish to consolidate its operations and realize some gains from the substantial investment in its brands. This sale may well be the first of many.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs