USA: American Italian Pasta Co sees Q3 EPS up 28%
Kansas City, Missouri-based dry pasta producer American Italian Pasta Company (AIPC) has posted record EPS of US$0.59 for its Q3 2002, ended 28 June 2002, up 28% over last year. Q3 revenues rose 19% to US$91.8m year on year, on 17% volume growth. Volumes were up in all business units, with retail unit volumes up 20%, and institutional and international unit volumes up 12%. Gross margin expanded to 35.4%, up from 32.7% a year ago, due to lower unit costs and the higher margins associated with the branded acquisitions of July 2001. Selling and marketing expenses increased by 46%, due in large part to the higher marketing support associated with the branded products. Operating profit increased 24% to US$18.8m from US$15.1m for the comparable quarter a year ago. Net income increased 30% to US$11m versus US$8.5m a year ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast