USA: American Italian Pasta Company completes acquisition of seven pasta brands from Borden Foods
American Italian Pasta Company (NYSE: PLB) a leading producer of dry pasta in North America, yesterday announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of seven pasta brands from Borden Foods for $67.5 million, plus inventory in a cash transaction. The company acquired the Anthony's®, Globe/A-1®, Luxury®, Mrs. Grass®, Pennsylvania Dutch®, R&F® and Ronco® brands, in addition to certain tangible assets. No manufacturing assets were included in the transaction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO