USA: American Italian Pasta Company completes acquisition of seven pasta brands from Borden Foods
American Italian Pasta Company (NYSE: PLB) a leading producer of dry pasta in North America, yesterday announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of seven pasta brands from Borden Foods for $67.5 million, plus inventory in a cash transaction. The company acquired the Anthony's®, Globe/A-1®, Luxury®, Mrs. Grass®, Pennsylvania Dutch®, R&F® and Ronco® brands, in addition to certain tangible assets. No manufacturing assets were included in the transaction.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill