CHINA: American Lorain appoints advisor for "going private" proposal
- American Lorain appoints financial advisor
- Cowen & Co to advise on "going private" proposal
Cowen & Co will “assist” the committee in its work
Chinese food maker American Lorain has appointed a financial advisor to assess a "going private" proposal from its chairman and CEO for the takeover of the firm.
A special committee of the company's board of directors, formed to evaluate the proposal received from Mr. Si Chen, said today (29 October) it has retained Cowen & Co as independent financial advisor.
Cowen & Co will "assist" the committee in its work, American Lorain said. Chen has submitted a proposal to acquire all outstanding shares of common stock he does not currently own. Chen currently owns around 46.5% of the company's outstanding ordinary shares.
"No assurance can be given that any definitive offer will be made, that any agreement will be executed or that a transaction with Mr. Chen or any other transaction will be approved or consummated," the company said.
"The company does not intend to disclose developments regarding these matters unless and until its board of directors determines there is a need to update the market."
JUNAN COUNTY, China, Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Lorain Corporation (NYSE Amex: ALN) (the "Company"), an international processed snack foods, convenience foods, and frozen foods company based in the Shandong Province, China, today announced that the special committee of its Board of Directors (the "Special Committee"), formed to consider, review and evaluate the non-binding proposal received on October 9, 2012 from Mr. Si Chen, Chairman, CEO and President of the Company to acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of the Company not currently owned, legally or beneficially, by Mr. Chen, has retained Cowen and Company (Asia) Limited as its independent financial advisor to assist the Special Committee in its work. As previously announced, the Special Committee has retained Sidley Austin LLP as its international legal counsel. No assurance can be given that any definitive offer will be made, that any agreement will be executed or that a transaction with Mr. Chen or any other transaction will be approved or consummated. The Company does not intend to disclose developments regarding these matters unless and until its Board of Directors determines there is a need to update the market.
About American Lorain Corporation American Lorain Corporation products include chestnut products, convenience food products and frozen food products. The Company currently sells over 240 products to 26 provinces and administrative regions in China as well as to 42 foreign countries. The Company operates through its five direct and indirect subsidiaries and one leased factory located in China. For further information about American Lorain Corporation, please visit the Company's website at http://www.americanlorain.com.
Original source: American Lorain
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis