CHINA: American Lorain appoints advisor for "going private" proposal
- American Lorain appoints financial advisor
- Cowen & Co to advise on "going private" proposal
Cowen & Co will “assist” the committee in its work
Chinese food maker American Lorain has appointed a financial advisor to assess a "going private" proposal from its chairman and CEO for the takeover of the firm.
A special committee of the company's board of directors, formed to evaluate the proposal received from Mr. Si Chen, said today (29 October) it has retained Cowen & Co as independent financial advisor.
Cowen & Co will "assist" the committee in its work, American Lorain said. Chen has submitted a proposal to acquire all outstanding shares of common stock he does not currently own. Chen currently owns around 46.5% of the company's outstanding ordinary shares.
"No assurance can be given that any definitive offer will be made, that any agreement will be executed or that a transaction with Mr. Chen or any other transaction will be approved or consummated," the company said.
"The company does not intend to disclose developments regarding these matters unless and until its board of directors determines there is a need to update the market."
JUNAN COUNTY, China, Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Lorain Corporation (NYSE Amex: ALN) (the "Company"), an international processed snack foods, convenience foods, and frozen foods company based in the Shandong Province, China, today announced that the special committee of its Board of Directors (the "Special Committee"), formed to consider, review and evaluate the non-binding proposal received on October 9, 2012 from Mr. Si Chen, Chairman, CEO and President of the Company to acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of the Company not currently owned, legally or beneficially, by Mr. Chen, has retained Cowen and Company (Asia) Limited as its independent financial advisor to assist the Special Committee in its work. As previously announced, the Special Committee has retained Sidley Austin LLP as its international legal counsel. No assurance can be given that any definitive offer will be made, that any agreement will be executed or that a transaction with Mr. Chen or any other transaction will be approved or consummated. The Company does not intend to disclose developments regarding these matters unless and until its Board of Directors determines there is a need to update the market.
About American Lorain Corporation American Lorain Corporation products include chestnut products, convenience food products and frozen food products. The Company currently sells over 240 products to 26 provinces and administrative regions in China as well as to 42 foreign countries. The Company operates through its five direct and indirect subsidiaries and one leased factory located in China. For further information about American Lorain Corporation, please visit the Company's website at http://www.americanlorain.com.
Original source: American Lorain
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits