USA: American Meat Institute responds to allegations that beef testing is riddled with “breakdowns”
J. Patrick Boyle, president of the American Meat Institute (AMI), has responded to a report published last week by consumer advocacy group Public Citizen, which alleged that the USDA salmonella testing programme is seriously flawed. "Ground beef is safe and getting safer according to USDA data," he insisted, "which show the bacteria levels on raw product have trended downward consistently thanks to new food safety technologies and new USDA meat inspection approaches."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega