USA: American Rice sees profit turnaround in nine months ended 30 June
Houston-based American Rice Inc (ARI), one of the largest rice millers and marketers of branded rice products in the US, has posted a net profit of US$2.2m or US$0.46 per share on sales of US$93m during the nine months ended 30 June. This is a substantial improvement from the loss of US$1.2m (US$0.25 per share) on sales of US$114.6m for the nine months ended 30 June 2001. Gross profits as a percent of sales has increased from 12.5% to 19.1%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant