USA: American Rice sees profit turnaround in nine months ended 30 June
Houston-based American Rice Inc (ARI), one of the largest rice millers and marketers of branded rice products in the US, has posted a net profit of US$2.2m or US$0.46 per share on sales of US$93m during the nine months ended 30 June. This is a substantial improvement from the loss of US$1.2m (US$0.25 per share) on sales of US$114.6m for the nine months ended 30 June 2001. Gross profits as a percent of sales has increased from 12.5% to 19.1%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO