KUWAIT: Americana denies knowledge of suitors
Kuwait Food Group (Americana) has denied any knowledge of interested buyers
Kuwait Food Co. - also known as Americana - has denied knowledge of any firms interested in buying its business.
However, Reuters reported on Sunday (6 June) Americana had issued a statement on the Kuwait Stock Exchange to say it had "no knowledge" of any interest in the business.
"The administration of the company has no knowledge of this matter. The administration of the company has also not received any offers regarding it," the firm was reported as stating.
Officials at Americana could not be reached for immediate comment.
Reuters initially broke the news in April that Americana majority shareholder the Al Kharafi family was working with investment bank Rothschild to approach potential buyers.
CVC Capital Partners, Advent International and TPG declined to comment when approached by just-food.
The sale is expected to fetch about US$5bn.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- Nestle sets new savings target
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton