KUWAIT: Americana denies knowledge of suitors
Kuwait Food Group (Americana) has denied any knowledge of interested buyers
Kuwait Food Co. - also known as Americana - has denied knowledge of any firms interested in buying its business.
However, Reuters reported on Sunday (6 June) Americana had issued a statement on the Kuwait Stock Exchange to say it had "no knowledge" of any interest in the business.
"The administration of the company has no knowledge of this matter. The administration of the company has also not received any offers regarding it," the firm was reported as stating.
Officials at Americana could not be reached for immediate comment.
Reuters initially broke the news in April that Americana majority shareholder the Al Kharafi family was working with investment bank Rothschild to approach potential buyers.
CVC Capital Partners, Advent International and TPG declined to comment when approached by just-food.
The sale is expected to fetch about US$5bn.
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- PepsiCo's Nooyi: "macro challenges" will continue
- WWF launches food security platform