KUWAIT: Americana denies knowledge of suitors
Kuwait Food Group (Americana) has denied any knowledge of interested buyers
Kuwait Food Co. - also known as Americana - has denied knowledge of any firms interested in buying its business.
However, Reuters reported on Sunday (6 June) Americana had issued a statement on the Kuwait Stock Exchange to say it had "no knowledge" of any interest in the business.
"The administration of the company has no knowledge of this matter. The administration of the company has also not received any offers regarding it," the firm was reported as stating.
Officials at Americana could not be reached for immediate comment.
Reuters initially broke the news in April that Americana majority shareholder the Al Kharafi family was working with investment bank Rothschild to approach potential buyers.
CVC Capital Partners, Advent International and TPG declined to comment when approached by just-food.
The sale is expected to fetch about US$5bn.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis