KUWAIT: Americana denies knowledge of suitors
Kuwait Food Group (Americana) has denied any knowledge of interested buyers
Kuwait Food Co. - also known as Americana - has denied knowledge of any firms interested in buying its business.
However, Reuters reported on Sunday (6 June) Americana had issued a statement on the Kuwait Stock Exchange to say it had "no knowledge" of any interest in the business.
"The administration of the company has no knowledge of this matter. The administration of the company has also not received any offers regarding it," the firm was reported as stating.
Officials at Americana could not be reached for immediate comment.
Reuters initially broke the news in April that Americana majority shareholder the Al Kharafi family was working with investment bank Rothschild to approach potential buyers.
CVC Capital Partners, Advent International and TPG declined to comment when approached by just-food.
The sale is expected to fetch about US$5bn.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- just the answer: Birds Eye UK Margaret Jobling
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets