FRANCE: Americas, CIS help Bonduelle profits
H1 profits higher at Bonduelle
French food group Bonduelle has reported higher half-year earnings, boosted by improved profitability in markets outside Europe.
Bonduelle booked an 8% increase in consolidated net profit to EUR28m (US$38.3m) for the six months to the end of December.
The company's operating profit climbed 7.5% to EUR56.2m. Bonduelle said its operations outside Europe put in an "excellent performance", particularly the Americas and the CIS.
Current operating margins from Bonduelle's non-European division rose 110 basis points to 11.3%. The company pointed to an improvement in its European margins, which inched up 10 basis points to 3%.
Earlier this month, Bonduelle said first-half sales were up, helped by its sales outside Europe bouncing back from a decline in the company's first quarter.
Canned Food in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The pro...
Canned Food in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The pr...
Many Polish consumers reach for canned/preserved food on a regular basis as such products form a part of their usual meals. For example, canned/preserved fish/seafood is commonly eaten with bread or a...
Frozen processed food, particularly frozen processed vegetables and fruits, are perceived as a healthier alternative to some canned/preserved and chilled processed food products due to containing fewe...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm