FRANCE: Americas, CIS help Bonduelle profits
H1 profits higher at Bonduelle
French food group Bonduelle has reported higher half-year earnings, boosted by improved profitability in markets outside Europe.
Bonduelle booked an 8% increase in consolidated net profit to EUR28m (US$38.3m) for the six months to the end of December.
The company's operating profit climbed 7.5% to EUR56.2m. Bonduelle said its operations outside Europe put in an "excellent performance", particularly the Americas and the CIS.
Current operating margins from Bonduelle's non-European division rose 110 basis points to 11.3%. The company pointed to an improvement in its European margins, which inched up 10 basis points to 3%.
Earlier this month, Bonduelle said first-half sales were up, helped by its sales outside Europe bouncing back from a decline in the company's first quarter.
Canned Food in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The pro...
Canned Food in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The pr...
Many Polish consumers reach for canned/preserved food on a regular basis as such products form a part of their usual meals. For example, canned/preserved fish/seafood is commonly eaten with bread or a...
Frozen processed food, particularly frozen processed vegetables and fruits, are perceived as a healthier alternative to some canned/preserved and chilled processed food products due to containing fewe...
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report