USA: AmeriServe Files Motion to Sell Equipment Division
AmeriServe Food Distribution, Inc. filed a motion on June 27, 2000, with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware, to sell its Equipment Division. The sale of the division will be contingent upon the satisfaction of a minimum sale price. All interested parties will be invited to submit bids against that minimum. It is expected that, upon the court's approval, an auction and sale hearing will be set for late July, with a closing to follow promptly thereafter.AmeriServe, headquartered in Addison, Texas, a suburb of Dallas, is one of the nation's largest distributors specializing in chain restaurants, serving leading quick service systems such as KFC, Long John Silver's, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix