USA: AmeriServe Files Motion to Sell Equipment Division
AmeriServe Food Distribution, Inc. filed a motion on June 27, 2000, with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware, to sell its Equipment Division. The sale of the division will be contingent upon the satisfaction of a minimum sale price. All interested parties will be invited to submit bids against that minimum. It is expected that, upon the court's approval, an auction and sale hearing will be set for late July, with a closing to follow promptly thereafter.AmeriServe, headquartered in Addison, Texas, a suburb of Dallas, is one of the nation's largest distributors specializing in chain restaurants, serving leading quick service systems such as KFC, Long John Silver's, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant