USA: AmeriServe Files Motion to Sell Equipment Division
AmeriServe Food Distribution, Inc. filed a motion on June 27, 2000, with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware, to sell its Equipment Division. The sale of the division will be contingent upon the satisfaction of a minimum sale price. All interested parties will be invited to submit bids against that minimum. It is expected that, upon the court's approval, an auction and sale hearing will be set for late July, with a closing to follow promptly thereafter.AmeriServe, headquartered in Addison, Texas, a suburb of Dallas, is one of the nation's largest distributors specializing in chain restaurants, serving leading quick service systems such as KFC, Long John Silver's, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action