USA: AmeriServe Will Exit Chick-fil-A Business
AmeriServe announced today that it will end distribution services to approximately 900 Chick-fil-A restaurants, effective June 10, 2000. Chick-fil-A represents less than 5 percent of AmeriServe's current annual revenue."While we regret losing Chick-fil-A as a customer, as we continue to restructure AmeriServe to meet today's needs, we remain one of the largest distributors of food and supplies to the fast-food industry, serving more than 17,000 leading quick service restaurants nationwide," said Ron Rittenmeyer, president and chief executive officer of AmeriServe."Thanks to the efforts of AmeriServe employees, our recent operations reflect improvement in service and productivity. We continue to work hard to provide the quality and efficiency our customers expect and deserve," said Rittenmeyer.AmeriServe, headquartered in Addison, Texas, a suburb of Dallas, is one of the nation's largest distributors specializing in chain restaurants, serving leading quick service systems such as KFC, Long John Silver's, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report