US: Amira Nature Foods appoints CFO Bruce Wacha
Amira Foods has appointed a new CFO
Rice manufacturer Amira Nature Foods has appointed Bruce Wacha as chief financial officer.
Wacha will be posted in the firm's New York office and takes up the role today (2 June).
His responsibilities include the management of corporate finance, accounting and audit. He has over 15 years experience in the financial industry and was most recently at Deutsche Bank advising corporate clients across the food, beverage and consumer products landscape. He spent three years as a strategic advisor to Amira.
"After working with the Company for the past three years, including on its October 2012 initial public offering, it's a tremendous opportunity for me to help them further capitalise on their future U.S. and global growth opportunities from the Company's new office in New York."
Wacha reportedly replaces Ashish Poddar who was appointed CFO in December 2012. No one at Amira Foods was available to comment on reasons for his exit when approached by just-food.
In a statement announcing the appointment, Amira's CEO and chairman Karan Chanana said: "We look forward to Bruce's contributions as we continue to execute on our strategic growth initiatives in the U.S. and globally to extend the presence of the Amira brand in new and existing markets," he added.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom