US: Amira Nature Foods appoints CFO Bruce Wacha
Amira Foods has appointed a new CFO
Rice manufacturer Amira Nature Foods has appointed Bruce Wacha as chief financial officer.
Wacha will be posted in the firm's New York office and takes up the role today (2 June).
His responsibilities include the management of corporate finance, accounting and audit. He has over 15 years experience in the financial industry and was most recently at Deutsche Bank advising corporate clients across the food, beverage and consumer products landscape. He spent three years as a strategic advisor to Amira.
"After working with the Company for the past three years, including on its October 2012 initial public offering, it's a tremendous opportunity for me to help them further capitalise on their future U.S. and global growth opportunities from the Company's new office in New York."
Wacha reportedly replaces Ashish Poddar who was appointed CFO in December 2012. No one at Amira Foods was available to comment on reasons for his exit when approached by just-food.
In a statement announcing the appointment, Amira's CEO and chairman Karan Chanana said: "We look forward to Bruce's contributions as we continue to execute on our strategic growth initiatives in the U.S. and globally to extend the presence of the Amira brand in new and existing markets," he added.
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- Indian conglomerate ITC sets out FMCG ambition
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- On the money: Kellogg still struggling with cereal
- Chobani bid for fresh UK appeal rejected
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- Danone UK ad banned over unauthorised claims
- Danone takes Mars yoghurts into more markets
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS