UK: Amira secures Tesco listing
Amira has launched into UK Tesco supermarkets
The US-listed firm said its products - Amira's 4 kilogram and 8 kilogram gold bags of Pure Basmati rice and 8 kilogram silver bags of Banquet Basmati rice - would be stocked in 291 Tescos across the country.
The firm initially launched in the UK in May 2013 in Morrisons supermarkets.
"We are excited to enter Tesco supermarkets and expand our business in the important United Kingdom market," said Karan Chanana, Amira's chairman and CEO. "We have enjoyed success in the UK since our launch last year. Our ability to grow our business with important global food retailers such as Tesco is a testament to our premium and delicious products. As Amira brand awareness continues to expand in the UK, we are confident that we will be able to further increase our retail distribution and partner with additional leading retailers and foodservice customers in the region."
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw