INDIA: Amul chair Chaudhary removed from post
Amul chairman Chaudhary sacked due to irregularities in running the board just-food was told
The chairman of India's Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation, the company behind the Amul brand, has been removed from his post it has been confirmed.
The organisation, which manages Indian milk brand Amul, cited "irregularities of running the board" as one of the reasons for the sacking of Vipul Chaudhary.
"On 11 January, Mr Chaudhary was informed that he ceased to be the chairman of GCMMF," a source close to the federation told just-food.
In a no-confidence motion moved against his chairmanship last December, the overwhelming majority of members of GCMMF voted against him. The source said: "The members had serious complaints against Mr Chaudhary relating to irregularities in the running of the board." The source did not specify the nature of the alleged irregularities.
Chaudhary challenged the no-confidence motion in the Gujarat High Court, which rejected his plea on 6 January. GCMMF went ahead with its decision to remove him from his position. Elections to appoint a successor are to be held.
Chaudhary still holds the chairmanship of the Dudhsagar Dairy of the Mehsana District Cooperative Milk Producers' Union, which is a member union of GCMMF and supplies milk to Amul.
Chaudhary told the Press Trust of India news agency that divisiveness will not help GCMMF. The GCMMF source said that the affair would not affect Amul’s operations
Synopsis Baby Food India examines the trends in the baby food market for 2006-2012, with forecasts to 2018. It examines how live birth rates, breastfeeding trends, the economic crisis, new product and...
Cheese is made from milk obtained from cow, buffalo, goat, and sheep. Ten pounds of milk is used to prepare one pound of cheese. The taste and texture of cheese vary depending on the source of milk an...
Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest happenings in the global dairy food market throughout the month. The monthly report provides the reader with the top-line ...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global dairy food market during September 2014....
Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) is expected to consolidate its position as the leading dairy player in India, as it enjoys leadership in key packaged food categories, driven by ...
Dairy food refers to food products produced from milk sourced primarily from cows, goats, sheep, yaks, horses, camels, and buffaloes. They are usually considered as high energy-yielding food products....
Confectionery comprises of chocolate, sugar confectionery, and gum. Cocoa and sugar are the raw materials for chocolate and latex is the raw material used for gum. Many new varieties of confectionery ...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report