INDIA: Amul to set up 2000 pizza joints
In an announcement that could send shivers down the spines of Pizza Hut , Dominos and even McDonald's , Indian food retailing giant Amul announced plans to set up 2000 pizza parlours countrywide as a means to popularise use of its mozzarella cheese. The parlours sell a basic pizza (capsicum/tomato/onion) at Rs20/- (US$0.42) per large pizza versus Dominos' starting price of Rs90 and Private-Brands' Rs50.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins