INDIA: Amul to set up 2000 pizza joints
In an announcement that could send shivers down the spines of Pizza Hut , Dominos and even McDonald's , Indian food retailing giant Amul announced plans to set up 2000 pizza parlours countrywide as a means to popularise use of its mozzarella cheese. The parlours sell a basic pizza (capsicum/tomato/onion) at Rs20/- (US$0.42) per large pizza versus Dominos' starting price of Rs90 and Private-Brands' Rs50.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund