UK: Amy's Kitchen adds to free-from ready-meal range
The launch follows increased distribution in Tesco’s of the Amy’s Kitchen range
US frozen food manufacturer Amy's Kitchen is extending its free-from ready meal range in the UK with the launch of two new dishes.
Thai Red Curry and Broccoli & Cheddar Bake will join the company's stable from 8 April and will be available in Tesco stores nationwide.
The Thai Red Curry has an RRP of GBP3.49 (US$5.27) and the Broccoli and Cheddar Bake an RRP of GBP3.79.
The launch follows increased distribution in Tesco of Amy's Kitchen Gluten Free Vegetable Lasagne and Country Vegetables and Pasta, the company said.
Amy’s Kitchen Launches Two New Free From Ready Meals
Amy’s Kitchen, the family owned food brand, is extending its UK Free From Frozen Ready Meal range with two exciting new products; Thai Red Curry and Broccoli & Cheddar Bake, available from 8th April 2013 at Tesco stores nationwide.1
The NPD follows increased distribution in Tesco’s of Amy’s Kitchen Gluten Free Vegetable Lasagne2 and Amy’s Kitchen Country Vegetables and Pasta3. The Amy’s Kitchen Frozen range also includes; Rice Mac and Cheese, Mexican Tortilla Bake, Gluten Free Vegetable Lasagne and the Gluten Free Cheddar, Rice and Bean Burrito.
Amy’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry
Amy’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry is made with finely cut vegetables including; sautéed onions, broccoli, carrots, butternut squash and tofu in an authentically spiced smooth coconut milk based curry sauce. Fragrant jasmine rice completes this ready meal that is one of your five a day, naturally gluten free, wheat free, dairy free as well as suitable for vegetarians and vegan4.
Amy’s Kitchen Broccoli & Cheddar Bake
Amy’s Kitchen Broccoli & Cheddar Bake contains fusilli rice pasta in a creamy aged cheddar sauce accompanied with crisp broccoli and gluten free toasted bread crumbs added for flavour and crunch. The ready meal is vegetarian and naturally gluten free as well as wheat free.
Damien Threadgold, European Commercial Director for Amy’s Kitchen says: “We know there is consumer demand for modern favourites and this also applies to the Vegetarian and Free From Category, so we have developed; Amy’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry. Together with the new Amy’s Kitchen Broccoli & Cheddar Bake, the classic British combination dish, these two new and delicious ready meals broaden the appeal of the Amy’s Kitchen range, while proving being meat free doesn’t have to mean taste free!”
The Amy’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry has an RRP of £3.49 and the Amy’s Kitchen Broccoli and Cheddar Bake has an RRP of £3.79.
Amy’s Kitchen is currently worth £1.5m in the UK and offers a wide range of frozen vegetarian ready meals and ambient soups, many of which are free from gluten, wheat and dairy.
Original source: Amy's Kitchen
The last quarter's just-food international basket, compiled exclusively by IRI, highlights a continued rise in the price of private-label products in each of the eight countries monitored by the data....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights