US: Amy's Kitchen to open NY manufacturing plant
Amy's Kitchen to open new facility
Amy's Kitchen plans to open a manufacturing plant for its range of organic products in Goshen, New York state.
The company intends to break ground on the planned 500,000 square foot site in early 2015 and expects the site to be operational by 2016.
Amy's Kitchen is investing US$95m in the facility, which will employ almost 700 people.
Andy Berliner, the owner of Amy's Kitchen, stressed the site was in the "perfect spot" to supply the group's "largest customers".
He added: "The potential to source so many of our agricultural ingredients close to the plant was another important factor in our decision."
Family-run Amy's Kitchen makes more than 250 organic products, including frozen entrees, pizza, burritos, wraps, soups, beans, salsa and pasta sauce. The group also prosuces cakes, cookies and candy bars.
Click here for an interview held last spring with Amy's Kitchen co-owner Amy Berliner - after whom the company - was named, in which she discussed the company's growth aspirations.
Organic food and beverages are made of ingredients derived by adopting environment-friendly and animal-friendly practices that restrict the use of synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. The Or...
A frozen pizza is a ready-made pizza that consumers can store in their refrigerators and consume as and when required. The shelf life of a frozen pizza is approximately 4-6 months, if stored in a free...
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights