US: Amy's Kitchen to open NY manufacturing plant
Amy's Kitchen to open new facility
Amy's Kitchen plans to open a manufacturing plant for its range of organic products in Goshen, New York state.
The company intends to break ground on the planned 500,000 square foot site in early 2015 and expects the site to be operational by 2016.
Amy's Kitchen is investing US$95m in the facility, which will employ almost 700 people.
Andy Berliner, the owner of Amy's Kitchen, stressed the site was in the "perfect spot" to supply the group's "largest customers".
He added: "The potential to source so many of our agricultural ingredients close to the plant was another important factor in our decision."
Family-run Amy's Kitchen makes more than 250 organic products, including frozen entrees, pizza, burritos, wraps, soups, beans, salsa and pasta sauce. The group also prosuces cakes, cookies and candy bars.
Click here for an interview held last spring with Amy's Kitchen co-owner Amy Berliner - after whom the company - was named, in which she discussed the company's growth aspirations.
The analysts in this report forecast the Global Non-GMO Food market will grow at a CAGR of 15.92 percent over the period 2013-2018. The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of t...
Owing to the rise in living standards, rising health awareness, outbreak of animal disease, and ethics, that is, not to kill the animals or the concern towards the animals are driving the people to be...
Natural food is a category of food that is minimally processed and is free of synthetic preservatives. It does not contain genetically modified organisms, high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweete...
Gluten is a protein composite primarily found in wheat, barley, rye, and triticale. Gluten-free food is either free of ingredients that contain gluten or does not contain grains that are gluten rich. ...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global savory & deli foods market during March 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insig...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global bakery & cereals market during March 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight ...
Organic food and beverages are made of ingredients derived by adopting environment-friendly and animal-friendly practices that restrict the use of synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. The Or...
A frozen pizza is a ready-made pizza that consumers can store in their refrigerators and consume as and when required. The shelf life of a frozen pizza is approximately 4-6 months, if stored in a free...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report