USA: BCTGM: An open letter to Barry Beracha of Earthgrains
The following letter was sent to Earthgrains CEO Barry Beracha by the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco and Grain Millers International Union (BCTGM) to clarify the core issues involved in the strike against the company by more than 3,000 workers. Dear Mr. Beracha:Let's get right to the bottom line!Apparently your negotiators are not telling you what issues are involved in this strike; otherwise you would not claim that you have no understanding of them. This strike started in Ft. Payne, Ala. on August 26, 2000, and we assumed you knew what our core issues are.We cannot be any clearer on those issues than this:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO