USA: BCTGM: An open letter to Barry Beracha of Earthgrains
The following letter was sent to Earthgrains CEO Barry Beracha by the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco and Grain Millers International Union (BCTGM) to clarify the core issues involved in the strike against the company by more than 3,000 workers. Dear Mr. Beracha:Let's get right to the bottom line!Apparently your negotiators are not telling you what issues are involved in this strike; otherwise you would not claim that you have no understanding of them. This strike started in Ft. Payne, Ala. on August 26, 2000, and we assumed you knew what our core issues are.We cannot be any clearer on those issues than this:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project