USA: BCTGM: An open letter to Barry Beracha of Earthgrains
The following letter was sent to Earthgrains CEO Barry Beracha by the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco and Grain Millers International Union (BCTGM) to clarify the core issues involved in the strike against the company by more than 3,000 workers. Dear Mr. Beracha:Let's get right to the bottom line!Apparently your negotiators are not telling you what issues are involved in this strike; otherwise you would not claim that you have no understanding of them. This strike started in Ft. Payne, Ala. on August 26, 2000, and we assumed you knew what our core issues are.We cannot be any clearer on those issues than this:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review