USA: BCTGM: An open letter to Barry Beracha of Earthgrains
The following letter was sent to Earthgrains CEO Barry Beracha by the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco and Grain Millers International Union (BCTGM) to clarify the core issues involved in the strike against the company by more than 3,000 workers. Dear Mr. Beracha:Let's get right to the bottom line!Apparently your negotiators are not telling you what issues are involved in this strike; otherwise you would not claim that you have no understanding of them. This strike started in Ft. Payne, Ala. on August 26, 2000, and we assumed you knew what our core issues are.We cannot be any clearer on those issues than this:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti