USA: Andalan Confections invents new candy form
What may be the first completely new candy to hit the market in 25 years has been introduced by Andalan Confections of Fort Oglethorpe, GA. Edo ® (pronounced "EE-Dough") is a new form of soft, moldable, shapeable candy with bright, playful colors and six tangy fruit flavors. It looks much like the modeling doughs we all played with as children. But the similarity ends there because Edo, in the words of one 12-year-old boy, "tastes awesome." "All kinds of products are thrown at kids these days," says Andalan Confections founder and candy inventor Anita Loizeaux. "I wanted to give kids something that would stimulate their imagination as well as their taste buds." Totally different from taffy, gum or gummies, the new candy can be shaped by hand or with any candy, cookie, or clay modeling tools. All six flavor/colors can be mixed for an infinite variety of artistic options. With a little imagination, the creative applications for Edo seem limitless; but there is no doubt that the best part is eating it. Edo is not sticky so hands stay clean, and unlike many other candies, Edo does not stick to teeth, dental work, or even braces, so it is a candy kids (and parents) can enjoy without worry. To see a showcase of fun things made with Edo, buy Edo online, or submit your own Edo sculptures for the EdoFun kids-only gallery, visit the world of Edo Fun at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review