USA: Andersons' Q2 net income falls
The Andersons, a US grain merchandiser and distributor, has reported net income for the second quarter to 30 June of US$7.8m, compared to $8.8m a year earlier.
Second-quarter revenues were $312m, compared to $301.1m in the year-ago period.
The Ohio-based company said US corn, soybean and wheat stocks have fallen to five-year lows, resulting in lower levels of grain for the company to handle, reported Reuters.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp