UK: ANM confirms Yorkshire Premier Meats management buy-in
UK farmer co-op ANM Group has supported a management buy-in of its subsidiary Yorkshire Premier Meats.
ANM said earlier this year it wanted to sell Yorkshire Premier Meat to "refocus on its traditional core business" of auction and valuation services, including its property portfolio.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food today (21 November) that a number of offers had been made for the unit but that the board felt a management buy-in was the best option.
"The ANM group is looking to de-risk itself from certain sectors. We made significant losses last year and we had a fairly substantial exposure to the meat industry so we're de-risking ourselves from that but still maintaining our link to the meat industry, which is what our members want," the spokesperson said.
The management buy-in team comprises ANM meat division managing director Jim Jaffray and ANM group finance director Keith McCall. Jaffray and McCall will hold a 75% stake, with ANM retaining the remaining 25%.
The spokesperson said there are unlikely to be any changes in the way the company is run following the buy-in.
"ANM will still have a minority stake in the business but it will be run by McCall and Jaffray," the spokesperson said..
In a statement, the company said: "The Yorkshire Premier Meats business has, in the course of 2012, been returned to a position of break-even trading and is enjoying good trading relationships with its main suppliers and customers."
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details